Another weekend, another Rewind feature here on AM. Leading off our summary of videos this week is the inspiring story (from The Guardian) of Syrian cartoonist Ali Farzat, who founded Syria’s first satirical weekly, Ad Domani. In August 2011, he was attacked by Bashar al-Assad’s militia who broke his hands to stop him from drawing Assad. Farzat was later awarded the European parliament Sakharov prize for freedom of thought.
- Olek sells cellphones to pay her legal bills (via Hyperallergic).
- Abstract five years old child painter, Aelta Andre has an exhibition currently showing in New York
- Ben Eine commissioned for work at The Lowry.
- Luftbanza Airlines, created with photoshop.
- Taryn Simon’s A Living Man Declared Dead and Other Chapters.
- Christian Louboutin Retrospective at The Design Museum London.
- Timelapse of new Shepard Fairey mural in Paris (via Nuart).
- The world’s biggest stop-motion with post-it art by Eduardo Zamarro (via Designboom).
- Marina Abramovic: The Artist Is Present Trailer (via TWBE).
- A look at Haroshi’s process in creating The Berrics trophy (via Very Masa).
- Preview of Keith Haring x Shepard Fairey’s Obey Clothing line (via Highsnobiety).
- Footage of the Andrew Schoultz mural in Toronto.