Gary Baseman’s (interviewed) show “La Noche de La Fusion” opens this Saturday, May 2nd, at Corey Helford Gallery. AM stopped by his studio to learn more about this self-created festival celebrating a “night of fusion” of different cultures, the joys and bitterness of life and elements of the earth. For those who RSVP early enough, get ready for costumed ladies from Baseman’s world, performers, carnival games, large-scale sculptures and much more.
Take a look at some of the paintings and plans for the show as well as studio shots after the jump…
LA NOCHE de la FUSION Festival – 6:30-10pm
– Baseman Carnival Costumes come to Life
– Tales from the World of Baseman: “The Enlightened Chou”
– Toby’s Travels and the Enlightened Chou Animation
– Fire Bowl to burn away your insecurities and Fears
– Baseman designed Carnival Games
– “Metamorphis”, a Celebratory Finale
Come costumed as you perceive your TRUE SELF.
Gallery Exhibition – 7-10pm
Featuring Gary Baseman’s new paintings, drawings, installation sculptures and the World Premier of his newest character, the Enlightened Chou.