More stories below from this week (click on bolded words for more information):
- Street art is on the rise at fairs—but does it undermine the point?
- Complete Art Basel Miami Beach 2018 coverage.
- The artists everyone talked about during Art Basel in Miami Beach.
- Art Basel in Miami Beach’s opening day sales reflect a hesitant market.
- How are emerging art dealers dealing with the gallery crisis?
- Dealer Howard Read announces new art commissions, bids farewell to ‘Castelli model’ of doing business.
- How this year’s Art Basel Miami fair aims to increase diversity.
The 15 best booths at Art Basel in Miami Beach.
Late artists finally get their due at Art Basel in Miami Beach.
At Miami art week, thousands of works created by human artists, and a few by artificial intelligence, too.
Actress Brooke Shields on curating at Miami art week.
Here’s some of the unexpected treasures seen at Art Basel Miami Beach 2018.
5 outstanding discoveries at Miami Art week’s satellite fairs.
The man who brought Art Basel to Miami Beach.
- The most Instagrammed artworks from Art Basel in Basel and Frieze London.
- An Instagram account is getting under the art world’s skin.
- Brazil’s artists and galleries fight back at Art Basel Miami Beach.
- Prada Mode pop-up club opens in Miami with intervention by artist Theaster Gates.
- KAWS and the Campana Brothers join forces at Design Miami.
- The Haas Brothers on their breakthrough Miami moment.
- Rene Gonzalez unveils home for Berkowitz Contemporary Foundation in Miami.
- Judy Chicago’s survey in Miami shows off the many twists of her fascinating career.
- Judy Chicago is fine marketing her feminism.
- Victoria Beckham’s old masters obsession continues with an exhibition of female trailblazers.
- “Women in the Arts” interview with Lynn Hershman Leeson.
- Female artists emerge from shadow cast by Berlin Wall.
- Linder’s new billboard artwork depicts a paradise of female pleasure.
- Everything this emerging young artist Lina Iris Viktor touches, turns to gold.
- NY painter Lisa Yuskavage trades sex for romance.
- The emergence of the brash young painter Devan Shimoyama.
- Eric Yahnker’s absurd pop-culture paintings capture the madness of 2018.
- PODCAST: Olafur Eliasson on climate change. Plus, Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Olafur Eliasson confronts climate change with icebergs in London.
- Major Paris museums are shuttering as France braces for a fresh wave of ‘Yellow Vest’ demonstrations.
- Banksy raffles off refugee boat sculpture for £2 in aid of refugee support initiative.
- Anish Kapoor declares victory over NRA as his work is removed from their promotional video.
- David LaChapelle photographs that reframe religious imagery.
- The thing that is so striking about Alexander Calder is how misunderstood he is.
- Jasper Johns show dazzles at New Menil Drawing Institute.
- Raouel De Keyser retrospective in Ghent, explores the origins of the artist’s reduced visual language.
- Shows you’re going to want to see, but don’t know about yet.
- The Barbican’s big autumn 2019 show will take you to the cabaret.
- Can a painting not have fun? Caitlin Cherry interviewed by Zoe Dubno.
- Why going to an art museum could be as good for you as exercise.
- ICA LA Director Elsa Longhauser to step down in 2019.
Keith Haring on how to be an artist.
- Inside the painstaking process of making high-quality oil paint.
A fantastical art school is opening in a jungle outside Tulum.
How Tel Aviv became home to 4,000 Bauhaus buildings.
Here’s an example of 9 times history’s greatest artists made bad artworks.
The art critics of The New York Times tell us what artwork rocked their worlds in 2018.
In debt we trust: The rise of art-secured lending.