The Guggenheim in New York is currently showing a can’t miss retrospective from the late John Chamberlain. The renowned American sculptor, known as the artist who successfully translated Abstract Expressionism into three dimensions, is perhaps most most famous for his crushed car pieces, which are despite the materials – collages. Watch the video above as curator Susan Davidson talks about the exhibition.
See more videos (via Artlog) about the Chamberlain showing after the jump as well as other notable videos we collected for you this week including:
- A trailer for Niels Shoe Meulman’s show Justified Scriptures opening at 941 Geary tonight.
- MTN talks to APEX about his wall at last year’s Art Basel Week in Miami.
- A video of LUDO in action in Paris.
- A timelapse and interview with Cranio (via Ektopia).
- Stormie Mills paints the outside of Hand Made Vintage Kustoms (via Remi/Rough).
- Motoi Yamamoto creating masterpieces out of salt (via Beautiful Decay).
- An interview with RISK (via 4TWK).
- Dan Witz in action for the Nuart Festival.
- The latest of The Avant/Garde Diaries profiles Rick Genest, aka Zombie Boy (via Hypebeast).