For this week’s video Rewind, we start things off with news that starting Wednesday and running through Feb. 5, about 3,000 New York City taxis will feature a 30-second video from Ryan McGinley. The short clip, called Varuo, is gleaned from footage from the photographer and director’s video for the Icelandic band Sigur Ros (seen below) and shows a girl skipping barefoot through the streets of NYC with gold glitter streaming from her hair.
Other videos you may want to watch:
- A look at Eric Fortune’s process.
- An interview and profile of Joanne Lefrak and her etchings on plexiglass.
- Creating sound with your face with Daito Manabe (via Animal NY).
- REAK, KOKA, BELIN, ALTER working on a new mural in Mexico (via Graffart).
- Waone putting in work in Fort Kochi, Kerala (India).
- MOCAtv video featuring archived interviews with Patti Astor, Fab5 Freddy, Brathwaite & Jean Michel Basquiat.
- The skills of Lascelles Thornton (via UK Adapta).
- Louis Vuitton: Yayoi Kusama “Her Story #4: 100 Paintings” Video (via Hypebeast).