Photographer Ryan McGinley, who has been flexing his film-making muscles as of late, recently hooked up with EDUN (fashion label of Ali Hewson and her husband, U2 singer Bono) to produce a video for their Fall/Winter 2012 collection. The aesthetic used should be familiar to fans of McGinley’s photo series featuring his models posing with wild animals, first introduced with his Team Gallery solo, Everybody Knows This is Nowhere (covered), and further developed with the inclusion of wild animals during his Life Adjustment Center (covered) show in 2010.
Other videos to watch include:
- A behind-the-scenes look at a Eric Haze x Nike installation for the Olympics (via Graffuturism).
- Promo video for this year’s Nuart Festival.
- Bill Fick: Controlling the Monster (via TWBE).
- The “Water Light Graffiti” is a surface made of thousands of LED illuminated by the contact of water (via Graffart).
- Some footage from the Crazy 4 Cult – NYC show from Andrew Baik.
- David LaChapelle discusses his career and Reiner Opoku talks about reinventing yourself.
- Time lapse video of Chris Carlson drawing Mario in 3D on his studio floor.
- Kelly Richardson’s Mariner 9 uses data sent by satellite to create a dramatic reconstruction of the surface of Mars.
- Os Gemeos in action, painting their mural in Boston.
- El Mac recently worked with No Doubt to make portraits of the band members in his unique style.