It’s been over a month since our last Rewind feature, so it’s past due that we share some videos that caught our eye in the recent weeks. Headlining things is a documentary behind the making of BOOKHEAD, a music video from JJ Doom directed by Stephen Powers aka ESPO. Along with a colorful backstory as to their history together and how things progressed up until the making of this video, the footage also features the two creatives explaining their thoughts behind the process as well as the use of a mirror in place of the iconic mask. Take a look at this behind-the-scenes video as well as the actual music video below.
Other videos of interest include:
- Ed Ruscha on Tateshots.
- A look at Vhils’ documentary about the oldest Favela in Rio de Janeiro.
- Ian Strange aka Kid Zoom has a show coming up in Australia that has been two years in the making.
- Pose in South Africa for LRG.
- The making of Jo Peel’s animation video.
- A new video from Spidertag.
- A timelapse of Skinner working on a mural.
- Liz Diller on the Hirshhorn Bubble.
- Eye on Art looks at Jeff Koons’s Gazing Ball.
- Ai Weiwei’s music video for Dumbass.
- Emek and Yuval Golan on OPB’s “Oregon Art Beat.”
- Tehching Hsieh’s One Year Performance.
- Petro Wodkins inserts statue of himself in place of Mannekin Pis.
- Eye on Art takes a look at new exhibitions at Storm King Art Center.
- After Hours 2: Murals on the Bowery.
- Street art walk in Brooklyn with David Meade.
- Trailer for Urs Fischer documentary.