With the return of the Rewind article, our first since Basel Week Miami, it only seems appropriate that the featured video is from Art Basel. The footage follows chairman and president of the Calder Foundation, Alexander S.C. Rower, as he explains two prime examples of the famed artist’s work – the white Snow Flurry mobile and an Untitled black piece (never seen before in public). Check the fascinating below as Rower explains the significance and back story of each piece…
Other notable videos include:
- Ann Hamilton’s installation piece at Park Avenue Armory.
- BSA’s best street art images of the year.
- Aubrey Plaza talks about the painting David Choe gave her.
- Liu Bolin TED talk.
- SWAG teams up with LA-based street artist Tazroc to pay tribute to Lebron.
- Lehmann Maupin Preps for Art Basel Miami Beach.
- DAL video of a large-scale mural in Rochester, New York.
- Installation view of Takashi Murakami’s Flowers and Skulls exhibition at the Gagosian Gallery in Hong Kong.
- Love and Security – naked vandalism.
- Teaser for REMED show at David Bloch Gallery.
- Craola x Dabs Myla x Witnes in Miami.
- Terrestrial Gaze for Human Rights by Jorge Rodríguez-Gerada.
- Timofey Radya’s “Stability” – riot shield pyramid (via Hyperallergic).
- RIME’s commission piece from Converse.
- Crack & Shine (Copenhagen).