Leading off this week’s collection of art videos is an insightful look at the current Barry McGee retrospective (covered) at the BAM/PFA. In it, Director Lawrence Rinder and Assistant Curator Dena Beard talk about various aspects of the Bay Area legend’s work from the late 1980s to the present. Make sure you stop by before the exhibition close on December 9th for a look at it yourself.
Other videos worth watching include:
- Video of the A Show of Heads show featuring John Casey, Lucien Shapiro & Brian Robertson.
- Adel Abdessemed immortalizes Zidane headbutt with controversial statue
- Chelsea galleries soaked by Sandy.
- Teaser video for Jonathan Darby’s upcoming show in SF.
- Argentinian artist Tomás Saraceno’s cloud installations (via Animal NY).
- Saber for Nuart 2012.
- Sage Vaughn talks about a project with Mercedes Benz (via High Snobiety).
- How they clean Anish Kapoor’s Cloud Gate in Chicago (via TWBE).
- G-Shock X Remi/Rough at Moniker Art Fair 2012.
- Futura Interview by The212.com (via 12ozProphet).
- Louis Vuitton Interprets Muhammad Ali’s ‘Float’ with Yasiin Bey and Niels Shoe Meulman.
- Faith47 has an upcoming show in Johannesburg.